It's the perfect time of yearSomewhere far away from hereI feel fine enough, I guessConsidering everything's a messThere's a restaurant down the streetWhere hungry people like to eatI could walk but I'll just driveIt's colder than it looks outside
Like a dream you try to remember but it's gone(Pinch me) Then you try to scream but it only comes out as a yawn(I'm still asleep) When you try to see the world, beyond your front door(Please God) Take your time, is the way I rhyme gonna make you smile(Tell me) When you realize that a guy my size might take a while(I'm still asleep) Just to try to figure out what all this is for
It's the perfect time of dayTo throw all your cares awayPut the sprinkler on the lawnAnd run through with my gym shorts onTake a drink right from the hoseAnd change into some dryer clothesClimb the stairs up to my roomSleep away the afternoon
Like a dream you try to remember but it's gone(Pinch me) Then you try to scream but it only comes out as a yawn(I'm still asleep) When you try to see the world, beyond your front door(Please God) Take your time, is the way I rhyme gonna make you smile(Tell me) When you realize that a guy my size might take a while(I'm still asleep) Just to try to figure out what all this is for
Pinch me, pinch me, cause I'm still asleepPlease God tell me that I'm still asleep
On an evening such as thisIt's hard to tell if I existIf I pack the car and leave this townWho'll notice that I'm not aroundI could hide out under thereI just made you say "underwear"I could leave but I'll just stayAll my stuff's here anyway
Like a dream you try to remember but it's gone(Pinch me) Then you try to scream but it only comes out as a yawn(I'm still asleep) When you try to see the world, beyond your front door(Please God) Take your time, is the way I rhyme gonna make you smile(Tell me) When you realize that a guy my size might take a while(I'm still asleep) Just to try to figure out what all this is for
Try to figure out what all this is for(Pinch me) (I'm still asleep) Try to see the world beyond your front door(Pinch me) (I'm still asleep) Try to figure out what all this is for
A commonplace book for all the little and big mysteries I notice. And occasionally, poetry!