Saturday, July 25, 2026

Lemon Drop - Raynes

Soon I'll be at the topAnd probably choke on a lemon dropIt's really embarrassingBut this look is everything


I'm willing to brave disgraceAnd leave just a pretty blue faceWell, maybe it seems insaneBut at least you're entertained


They fall for you when they see that you've got awayIt's all for you, but they beg for it anywayThey love the lines that you hardly remember at allIt's better if you live fast and leave too soon


I'm telling 'em that I won't stopUntil it gets even sweeterSuckin' on a lemon dropI'll taste the shock 'til it melts awayHow long before I finally forget the placeThat left such a sour taste?But the sugar rush is alright


The rush is alrightThe rush is alright


So is it overkillIf I move to Beverly HillsAnd savor the kinds of thrillsThat fit through a 20-dollar bill?


I'll probably lose controlAnd tie a ticket to my tumble-down soulOr maybe I'll make the tradeTo be the prince of another parade


They dress me up and I throw them another smileImpress the party, but I'm still my mother's childAll fragile bones, I should never be left aloneIf I'm lucky, I can live fastAnd leave too soon


I'm telling 'em that I won't stopUntil it gets even sweeterSuckin' on a lemon dropI'll taste the shock 'til it melts awayHow long before I finally forget the placeThat left such a sour taste?But the sugar rush is alright


The rush is alrightThe rush is alright


I'm telling 'em that I won't stopUntil it gets even sweeterSuckin' on a lemon dropI'll taste the shock 'til it melts awayHow long before I finally forget the placeThat left such a sour taste?But the sugar rush is alright


I'm telling 'em that I won't stopUntil it gets even sweeterSuckin' on a lemon dropI'll taste the shock 'til it melts awayHow long before I finally forget the placeThat left such a sour taste?But the sugar rush is alright